Director, Career Services
Director, Career Services
Expected Start Date: As soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Date Posted: 8/17/2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
Position Title: Director, Job Number:
Career Services Salary Grade: $Annually
Department: Student Affairs Status: Full-time;
Reports To: Vice President of Student Affairs FLSA Category: Exempt
Paine College is a private institution steeped in the tenets of Methodism that provides a liberal arts education of the highest quality. The College emphasizes academic excellence, ethical and spiritual values, social responsibility, and personal development to prepare spiritually-centered men and women for positions of leadership and service.
The Office of Career Services provides comprehensive services and personal development opportunities to support academic excellence and prepare students and alumni for the world of work and competition in the global market.
The Director of Career Services reports to the Vice President of Student Affairs and will provide career and professional development to students and alumni. This will include facilitating career and professional development workshops that focus on job search assistance, resume writing, interviewing skills, major and career exploration, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the primary liaison between the college, its students and alumni, and potential employers on a state, regional, national scale.
- Develops new contacts with external organizations for the purpose of expanding employment opportunities for students and alumni.
- Provides career counseling and referrals to assist students with the career development process, including clarifying objectives and obtaining occupational information.
- Establishes and maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with students, alumni, faculty, employers, and the general public.
- Assists students with career development and planning process, including obtaining information on companies, current opportunities for employment and hiring practices, and making the transition from school to career.
- Plans and implements job fairs, on-campus recruiting and networking events.
- Distributes information on internships, summer jobs, and local part-time jobs.
- Provides and updates computer software and Career library resources.
- Serves as a resource to Student Affairs, Academic Affairs and student organizations.
- Promotes office to students, alumni, and employers through a variety of marketing efforts.
- Prepares regular reports, collects and analyzes research data relevant to the career planning and placement of students and alumni.
- Supervises work study staff.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Student Affairs.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's degree preferred in student personnel services, counseling and guidance, business or discipline directly related to staffing, employment, career development and planning, or other human resources concern.
- At least three years of professional experience in university/college setting or in business in a human resources or training and development function is required. Full-time experience on a college/university student services staff is preferred. Important knowledge and capabilities necessary include knowledge of job trends and career development skills, effective public relations and networking abilities, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This employee must be able to effectively direct existing, comprehensive career services programs, and to develop new ones on his/her own initiative. Dependability, creativity, good judgment, professionalism, and dedication to sound principles of student development are paramount among necessary characteristics for this position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (The sum of all requirements should equal 100%).
Complete an Application for Employment online. Faculty positions may still require applicants to mail transcripts and other documents. See application for details.
For questions regarding this posting contact:
Office of Human Resources
Paine College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Educational Opportunity Institution.