Administrative Secretary/Budget Assistant
Administrative Secretary/Budget Assistant
Expected Start Date: As soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Date Posted: 9/20/2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
Position Title: ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY/BUGET ASSISTANT
(STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES)
Report To: DIRECTOR, STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Term of Employment: TWELVE MONTHS
FLSA Classification : Exempt, Grant Funded Position
A 12-month full-time position (40 hours) Monday-Friday working directly with Paine College TRIO-SSS professional staff to provide administrative and technical support for the Paine College TRIO-SSS program. The Administrative Secretary/Budget Assistant is to provide administrative, clerical, and budgetary assistance to the Project Director and Staff. She/He is to serve as office manager and oversee all its operations. She/He is to always maintain professional ethics. Must have excellent customer service skills. Her/His primary responsibilities are as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain statistical data on visitors and telephone calls;
- To assist in the preparation of reports;
- To prepare on-line requisitions for goods and/or services;
- To present and maintain professional attitude and working relationship with students, faculty and staff;
- To present and maintain a professional attitude and working relationship in meeting and greeting visitors, students and staff;
- To provide prompt and efficient service to director, faculty, staff and students;
- To maintain and develop professional affiliation with a local, state and/or national business and/or secretarial association;
- To provide clerical services that are not only accurate, but neat and well done;
- To assist in planning schedules of student workers as needed;
- To make assignments and supervise students workers;
- To provide only general information such as fact sheets, or other designated literature, to visitors seeking information about the Project or students;
- To file daily;
- To establish a system for receiving visitors;
- To keep office neat and orderly;
- To assume all general office and typing responsibilities;
- To prepare all orders for office supplies, educational materials and other goods;
- To make sure the staff member referring typing proofs everything he or she refers;
- To re-organize all general office files (with Director's assistance);
To log copies of all materials typed daily (to be used as reference for follow year);
To keep an accurate record of paid and unpaid bills;
To keep a file for staff offices inventory records which should be accessible for update as needed by staff;
To set up guidelines for and oversee the use of all office equipment;
To maintain an updated, and detailed budget ledger (back up paper file) for the following categories: tutors, mentors/coaches, student travel, staff travel, grant aid, cultural activities, postage, and supplies;
To obtain flight information (times, costs, etc.) for staff traveling for TRIO related activities;
To complete Request for Authorization of Travel Forms for staff prior to travel;
To prepare Paine College Leave Request Form for official college business for staff;
To complete Expense Report Forms (receipts attached) for staff after TRIO related travel and submit to the Office of Administrative and Fiscal Affairs;
To record, copy, and file checks received from the Office of Administrative and Fiscal Affairs;
To complete monthly Time and Effort reports for staff and submit to the Office of Academic Affairs;
To provide a monthly report of all expenditures for the Program, and the balances in each budget category.
To keep Director informed on tasks completed or in completed at the beginning and end of the day; and
To adhere to all General Policies for TRIO Staff Personnel as outlined for the current year.
An associate degree in appropriate field required with a minimum of two years' experience in an educational office setting. Candidate must have sufficient computer skills working with business software and networks for internal and external reporting.
Annual performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the Professional Development Plan (PDP) and/or the College's evaluation instrument for staff. Periodic performance measures will be used to ascertain whether goals are achieved.
(The sum of all requirements should be equal to 100%).
Lifting: 5% Standing: 80% Sitting: 10% Walking: %5
Complete an Application for Employment online. Faculty positions may still require applicants to mail transcripts and other documents. See application for details.
For questions regarding this posting contact:
Office of Human Resources
Paine College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Educational Opportunity Institution.