Paine College Institutional Objectives
December 12, 2007
Last revised and reviewed October 20, 2018
- 1. To maintain high academic standards by fostering excellence in scholarship and a commitment to teaching of high quality.
- 2. To stimulate students to develop the spirit of inquiry and enhance their ability to think critically to be productive self-sufficient citizens.
- 3. To provide special educational opportunities in the basic skills which are essential for collegiate achievement.
- 4. To educate students in the use of emerging technologies, problem-solving, and expanding the horizon of knowledge.
- 5. To foster an understanding and appreciation of the Black heritage, its contribution to contemporary American culture, and its relationship with other people.
- 6. To develop Christian character, to promote commitment to moral and spiritual values, and to cultivate understanding of and respect for other religious traditions.
- 7. To manage prudently and responsibly the human and fiscal resources essential for providing the atmosphere of academic excellence.
- 8. To maintain strong ties and interaction with the Augusta community regarding mutually beneficial educational and cultural goals.
- 9. To foster a commitment to Paine College by developing an appreciation of its worth and contributing to its support and uplift.
- 10. To prepare students to compete as professionals in the global community.