To enhance Paine College’s ability to provide a liberal arts education of the highest
quality by offering programs, services, and consultations that promote Emotional,
Social, Intellectual, Career, Spiritual, Physical, and Community Wellness for Students,
Faculty, and Staff. Our aim is to make available services included but not limited
to proactive comprehensive prevention, intervention, training, referral and counseling
services to remedy problems or improve the quality of life.
- To help students survive through academic, social, and personal issues in a way
that supports their career goals.
- To monitor at-risk students ensuring that they are regularly attending classes and
receive support services designed to enhance success.
- To provide outreach support to off-campus/commuter students that fully connects
them with all services of the institution.
- To provide career development, job placement, and graduate/professional school opportunities.
The Counseling Center is located in the Peter’s Campus Center, 2nd Floor, Suite
Hours of Operation
The Counseling Center has full-time Counselors who are available Monday-Friday,
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Services are available by appointments, walk-ins, and/or
as deemed necessary by the College.
Privacy And Confidentiality
Counselors are required and must keep all information and records maintained by
the College that is related to counseling services confidential. Counselors are
required to abide by College rules as well as by law to break confidentiality, if:
- Their client threatens to harm themselves or someone else
- There is knowledge of sexual or physical abuse to a child; and/or
- There is a court order mandating that the office release records. If there are any
questions regarding confidentiality, please feel free to discuss this with your
Individuals who are hostile, suicidal, and/or addicted to drugs and alcohol are
immediately referred outside the Center. If you are referred, you must submit an
official letter from the agency to the Office of Student Affairs for clearance to
return to the College (to include classes, residence halls, etc.).