February 9, 2013
Time: 11:00 AM
Location: Dyess Park to Paine College
Parade Participants Payment Information
The parade fee is $25.00 per entry.
Please return the form with entry fee to:
ATTN: Homecoming Parade
1235 15th Street
Augusta, GA 30901
Make Cashier’s Checks and Money Orders Payable To: Paine College
Parade Guidelines & Information
The purpose of the Parade is to provide a fun experience for the viewing audience. In order to maintain the high quality of the Paine College Homecoming Parade, we are asking for the following rules to be followed. The Paine College Community supports the efforts to keep this tradition alive. Thank you!
- Entry applications will not be accepted when the Homecoming Committee determines an entry to be controversial, unlawful, unsafe, or otherwise considered to be inconsistent with the standards or the purposes of the Paine College Homecoming Parade.
- All dance groups, cheerleading groups, school groups, and clubs will be required to walk and perform. Please be sure if your group has a routine to perform that it is designed to permit constant forward movement of the parade. Your group will NOT be allowed to ride in a miscellaneous vehicle. No stopping or holding up traffic will be permitted. If your group causes parade gaps, you will be escorted from the parade route.
- Safety and liability concerns and operation of your entry and participants is your sole responsibility.
- Candy can be thrown by parade participants on foot only. This means, no throwing candy from any float, or moving vehicle. This is to protect the safety of children along the parade route.
- Printed material may NOT be distributed along parade route!
- The Homecoming Committee reserves the right to place parade entries in any order they deem necessary.
- No political ‘campaigning’ for office will be allowed to ‘campaign’ along parade route. All candidates are allowed to register for entry.
- All music must be at an appropriate level to ensure all performers can be heard by the audience during the parade. No music utilizing profanity will be allowed by any parade participant.
- Refunds will not be issues if parade participant does not participate in the parade.
- All equestrian entries will not be allowed.
- Any entries turned in after January 31, 2013 will not be accepted into the parade. Any entry that comes to the parade and wants to participate the day of the parade and wants to participate the day of the parade without prior consent will not be allowed to participate.
- All rules will be strictly enforced.
Parade Contact Person